Piano Improvisation for Kids
Our Kids N Keys program produces incredible musicians. They are able to perform at the piano in 5 different keys, transpose and compose. It’s a natural flow from our Early Childhood Music ~ Give Them the Best Start program to offer young students the opportunity to learn to work with improvisation. The course we offer for children is called Piano Improvisation for Kids and is offered periodically locally.
This course is structured to be fun, yet progressive teaching children the rudiments of musical patterns and then how to apply them to a variety of methods.
- The Course
Piano Improvisation for Kids gently guides the student into adding things that are not written down … to ad lib to the music.
The Piano Improvisation for Kids by Mrs. Denie Riggs teaches the basic structure of music theory in a way that the children can grasp it. Then through games and repetition, students begin applying Improv theory to simple songs that they are familiar with.
- The Structures
- In-studio lessons are offered at 6125 University Drive, Suite B-26, Huntsville AL 35806 (Behind Cheddars)
- Prerequisite: To easily be able to the theory portion of this study, students need to be able to read treble clef and bass notes and at least 8 years old or a graduate of our Kids N Keys program.
- The Fees
- $30 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of enrollment.
- $25.00 for the Piano Improvisation for Kids book and Binder
- Course fees and structures to be announced when class is offered.Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit/credit card.
- The Class Times
- Mrs. Denie has conducted Piano Improvisation for Kids in a variety of ways from summer camps to once-a-week piano lab course for a semester.
- Please feel free to contact the office about the next course being planned.